Vaillant ecoTEC F.1 error?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had our boiler fitted about 8/9 months ago but some plumbers who turned out to be absolute f*cking cowboys.

8/9 months on, our Vaillwant EcoTEC plus 428 is now giving us a F.1 error.

Can anyone give us some pointers? I've read this is an NTC issue, but I have no idea what this means, nor how to fix it.
Would this be covered under warranty, as I do not want to contact the original installers. Not ideal as it's freezing and we really need some heat!

Sponsored Links
Very very uncommon fault, which should be covered under warranty by vaillant. Phone them.

PS: do you have the installation instructions for the boiler (not the flue the boiler) The back few pages will have a page that says its the benchmark sheet (the commissioning document) you need that and it needs to have been filled out in full by the gas safe installer for a warranty call.

PPS: Did you try resetting the boiler?

How would I go about resetting the boiler? I've turned it off and on again, also have held the flame button down until the backlight turns off/on.

Regarding that document, I can guarantee our plumbers never filled it out. I did ask them though and they said it was all registered and covered....

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If the document was filled out correctly then you would have it, it gets left with the homeowner.

4 little buttons on the front, top left is reset. Power off and on wont help

If the document was filled out correctly then you would have it, it gets left with the homeowner.

4 little buttons on the front, top left is reset. Power off and on wont help

OK, i'll check it. I've found the stickers stuck to the top of the boiler though, the ones that say "Affix this to the log book"

Tried the top left button for reset, problem still exists.

F01 is a sensor/wiring fault (which as before, is very unusual) reseting may well not make any odd as its not correcting the issue

F01 is a sensor/wiring fault (which as before, is very unusual) reseting may well not make any odd as its not correcting the issue

EDIT: Ignore me, idiot response :)

Given my experience with the installers anyway, wouldn't surprise me if the thing was leaking and had fried the internals!

That's a start at least...might be worth trying to get Vaillant out under warranty, but whether they're amenable to the idea of repairing it or not if you've not
Did you ever receive a Gas Safe certificate for it?
Doesnt make a difference to the warranty, you need a fully filled out benchmark sheet. Phone vaillant anyway and see what they say
I know, digressing a little...but there's at least half a chance that it was fitted to some kind of sensible standard if he has a GS cert

OK, so can't say im surprised, but the Benchmark checklist has not been filled out. Doesn't even look like the book has been opened the that page.

Given these idiots plumbed the flow and return in the wrong way around at first, then had to call Vaillant, and then told me that its "unusual, as most boilers accept them either way around", I'm hardly surprised.

Looks like trading standards, and whoever else I can get my hands on will be getting yet another call if Vaillant can't help!

Called installers today, they think it might be pressure or air problem..

They're coming on Tuesday, as Vaillant can't get out till Thursday

Boiler has been cycling between F1 and F72 now. I've also checked the status which shows S98.

Plumbers reckon it's a flow problem, so suggested I turned it up to 1.5bar, but still no joy! Plumbers are now coming tomorrow..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back