Vaillant ecotec plus radiator symbol

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help before I contact my engineer.

I have a vaillant ecotec plus. This is connected to a Heatmiser UH8-RF - 8 Zone Wireless Wiring Centre, with 2 underfloor heating zones and one zone for radiators.

The problem I have is that the radiator symbol is currently always on on the vaillant, even when there is no heat demand (all thermostats set low and no zone lights present on the UH8), and the temperature on the display is around 70, all the time. The status of the boiler, via the menu, states No Heating Demand, so I am confused as to why the radiator symbol is present and the temperature in the boiler is so high?

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It is only a month or so old, but I'm not living in the property so only used it a couple of times. I have a 10yr guarantee on it, so is it a case of getting the engineer back? I have switched it off for now as I was worried it was costing me money?

Also, I meant to say in the original post as well as the boiler saying there is No heating Demand, the heating is not actually on (there is no hot water being pumped to the radiators). When I actually switch the heating on the temperature on the display drops to around 30, water starts being pumped, and the temperature slowly increases, as expected.

Last edited:
Yes, get engineer back, from the additional information, it does sound like the 24v link has been left in. If not sorted, it could crack the heat exchanger, I’ve witnessed a few now.

Sponsored Links
Ok, sounds like a panel off job then so out of my remit. Will let you know the result once gas man has sorted it.

Thanks for the help.

Agree with everyone else, red24v link has been left in on boiler, if you dont want to do it yourself, get the installer back to remove it, although the boiler is still under warranty it is an installer fault and Vaillant are well within their rights to charge you for a call out to remove it

Yep it is the installer coming back. I will mention it to him and see what he says.
Just tell him to read the installation manual, it clearly states this link must be removed when external controls are installed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back