Vaillant Ecotec Pro 30 queries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys thanks for your time.

Recently had the above mentioned boiler installed along with new radiators throughout the house but kept the original copper pipework which is around 12 years old in good condition as far as I'm aware.

Anyways, is it normal for the boiler flow tempreature to take anything upto 1 hour to reach maximum tempreature of 70 degrees? It starts off at around 20 degrees cold and slowly, slowly creeps for an hour and finally gets there in the end at which point the anti cycle feature kicks in and reduces the tempreature again? Seems a very long time to reach maximum flow tempreature to me. All rads clear of air and do all get hot eventually (Apart from the one mentioned below) but wondering if this is normal?

The boiler is 24.7kw and Ive over calculated our rads to be around 17kw so its more than capable.

Another query is when installed we had a new radiator installed in the extension running from the radiator in our kitchen the total run is around 5 meters for both rads then it joins upto 22mm but I only seem to get heat in the second radiator when the TRV shuts down the first radiator is this a 15mm flow problem? Ive tried adjusting other radiators around it with no luck.

One more, the flue on the boiler is slightly tilted away from the boiler and the condensation is dripping from this instead of going back down the flue to the correct condensate procedure this is wrong, yes?

Its just the plumber is coming back out this weekend to take a look and I want to make sure I have everything covered as hes got his back up at the moment. Sigh.

Thanks guys any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The flue should be tilted at 3 degrees upwards from the boiler.
No, the boiler should reach max CH temp much quicker!
The output of both rads and overall length of pipe, also the total output demand on the 22mm pipe on that run, should be calculated. It maybe a balancing act on the lockshields!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back