Vaillant pressure drop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Vaillant thermocompact boiler is now 10 yrs old, and has worked well. I've had to top up the pressure 2 or 3 times in that time, but in the last two months I've had to do it 3 times (boiler cuts out due to low pressure). I can't find any evidence of leaks anywhere - could it be an internal fault in the boiler itself? There's no evidence of a leak inside the boiler casing that I can see. If it's a leak in the pipework, I'm in big trouble - new build house 10 years ago, with all pipework installed underfloor (including several joints, great) with tongue and groove solid oak floors throughout, ranging over the entire house footprint with no joins. First step is presumably to get the BG engineer to come out and look (as we have BG insurance)?

Sponsored Links
Probably the pressure relief valve needing changed. Would also check the expansion vessel charge.

Pressure relief pipe will go to outside, 15mm copper with either 1 or 2 bends on it. Check the end of this pipe for signs of water passing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back