Vaillant Turbomax Plus 824E … can a thermostat be connected? (Ed.)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Inherited an old boiler with apparently not any real controls (thermostat), it’s a Vallant Turbomax Plus 824E. I know this is old, but can a thermostat be connected to this? If so what model would work? I don’t need all singing, but I do need to have some controls rather than the cold-hot dial on the front.

Sponsored Links
Yes it can, there's 2 connections on the PCB, 3 and 4 if I remember correctly, they are probably linked together. Remove the link and connect your thermostat to them. Download the installation manual and it's all explained in there.

Reactions: CBW
Yes you are right 3 & 4 linked together - doesn’t seem to be a separate connection for L/N though?

Sponsored Links
3 is live supplied by the boiler, you switch 3 to 4 via a thermostat, there is a separate power in block supplied via a 3 amp switched power supply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back