vaillant turbomax pressure increase

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a vaillant turbomax 242 combi bolier and last week had the prv replaced after the central heating pressure dropped to zero. The old prv was was not holding over 0.5 bar when I tried to fill the system. The problem now is that the pressure keeps creeping up past 3 bar whether the boiler is on or off. The filling loop is still attached but the valve is off. I've just turned off the main water at the stopcock and bleed the system to 2 bar to see if the pressure goes up over night and hopefully prove whether the filling loop is leaking. First question, is the filling loop easy to replace and secondly am I thinking along the right lines with the problems I'm having?

Thanks for your help!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the response Pablo.

Overnight the pressure has decreased slightly...is the next step to replace the filling loop valve?

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back