Vaillant Turbomax increasing pressure...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

9 year old Vaillant Turbomax Plus..pressure keeps on increasing to just over 3 bar till the PRV is opened, this happens quite slowly over a few hours even if the heating is off, PRV opens and pressure goes back to 1.5-1.8. Expansion vessel has been checked and is at the correct pressure. I have a feeling the valve on the filling loop is at fault because if you turn it completely clockwise you can still hear a little bit of water entering the system and the pressure still rises, if you turn it completely anticlockwise the same happens but if you leave it in the middle i.e not completely clockwise nor completely anticlockwise you cant hear any water going in, however seeing as the pressure increase happens quite slowly I still think the filling loop may well be letting by.

Does this sound plausible enough?

Could I check it by shutting off the isolating valve on the cold water inlet and seeing if the pressure goes up? This wouldn't be ideal though as heating is needed!

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Youre on the right track. It sounds like filling loop is passing. Could also be plate heat exchanger pinholed.

As above, except the filler loop should be disconnected. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
a number of filling loops hang below the boiler allowing you to disconnect the pipe from feeding the boiler, if the case this will stop water flow into boiler and allow you to confirm the water inlet constantly flows.

If filling loop is located internally, sounds like front of boiler needs removing to support similar process, but let the pros on here provide the right info for that step.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back