worcester greenstar 28i junior boiler filling loop key ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am using the filling loop key for my boiler. placed it in where the padlock shows unlocked. pushed it all the way through and completed a half turn to the padlock locked sign.

opened the valve - nothing happens

I can even turn the key fully clockwise / anti clockwise while in the locked position.

is the key knackered ? or am I doing something wrong.

pressure at 1 bar and needs increasing.

thanks

Sponsored Links
If the pressure is at 1 bar you don't need to put any more water in, that is about the right pressure.

Sponsored Links
heres the problem

I had British gas out the check the boiler as my shower keeps running hot then cold.

He advised me to change the thermosatic mixer, so I did for a normal mixer fitting. this hasn't solved the problem.

Still running hot then cold and I'm running out of options.

could it be the pressure of the boiler ? or the mains water pressure ?

Wife is 5 months pregnant and I'm getting an ear bashing !!

Sounds like the symptoms of a blocked plate heat exchanger in the boiler. Boiler fires up and then overheats as the water cant circulate, then cuts out, cools a bit then refires, overheats etc. Easy to see if that is the case, check the pipes going into the plate heat exchanger, if one is really hotter than the other then its blocked, needs to be removed and cleaned.

Like Mikey said, it sounds like your plate heat exchanger is blocked. The pressure is fine and it's certainly not causing this fault so don't worry about that.

Are you on a BG contract? Best thing to do is get them back and tell them it's still not sorted. By their terms and conditions cleaning/replacing the plate heat exchanger isn't covered but they sometimes "sonic clean" them with a special machine and chemicals for free. Wether it's free or not depends on the guy you get and the policy of the manager in your area.

Or you could strip it out and clean it yourself, with an acid cleaner.

1) Send British Gas the bill for your new shower that you didn't need.

2) Employ a company who knows what they're doing.

Quite right, if BG come back they'll insist on a powerflush for £500.00. :LOL:

Mind you it probably needs one if the HX is blocked on the system side.

Quite right, if BG come back they'll insist on a powerflush for £500.00. :LOL:

Mind you it probably needs one if the HX is blocked on the system side.

you still here yer owld coffin dodger
alc.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back