A quick worcester greenstar 30si?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, possibly a daft question this but here goes!

I noticed that the pressure on my boiler was right down at the bottom of the green, so decided to put it up a bit.

I took the little plastic key, put it in the hole, pushed it up and then turned it. I then turned the little plastic square thing to add the water/pressure and saw that the pressure gauge went up. I only added a bit...like the old saying goes "you can always add but can't take away!"

So anyway, I closed the little square thing to stop the water, I tried to pull the plastic key back out but it wouldn't budge! I turned the key back and too a few times and when it was turned in the 'padlock open position' I pulled the key down and it came out. (Can't remember what position it was in when I inserted the key!!!)

Now the thing on my mind- is that the correct position for the plastic key to be in when you pull it out? (padlock open)

I put the key back in and turned it to the 'padlock closed position' and the key wouldn't pull out, so I take it that the open position is the correct one!

I just want someone to clarify it to put my mind at rest :)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
you've not done any damage.

the end of the key has two tabs on it. shine a torch up the hole it goes into and you will see the two slots it goes into. once its in you turn it to lock it. i never bother and just hold it in while i fill it.

putting silicon grease on the two o-rings on the key from time to time will make it easier and lessen the chances of breaking the filling assembly.

Ahh right OK thanks, I thought it was right, but you know what it's like when a bit of doubt creeps in :)

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back