Worcester 28I RSF Re-pressurising

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently bled my radiators and since then have lost all pressure on the boiler. I've read all the other posts about needing to re-pressure the boiler with a plastic key but i am not even able to find the pipe/valve to do this..

This is the post for someone with a similar problem but i can't seem to see anything referred to in it. Anyone any other ideas??

''Look under the boiler on the right hand side and you should see a black open ended pipe with 2 symbols on it (the pipe will be pointing at the floor). An open padlock and a locked padlock. This is the pipe that you put the key into. push the key into the pipe till you feel resistance or it stops. Turn the key to the left (quarter turn) and then push fully home into the pipe. When the key is fully home, turn it to the right (quarter turn).
Once you have done that you are ready to pressurise the system. To the right of where the key is there should be a black plastic nut. Turn this anticlockwise and you will hear the water flow and the pressure gauge should begin to rise. Pressure it to just over 1bar and then close the nut and remove the key (reverse procedure) and hey presto, your system is pressured. Hope this helps, if yours is the same as mine, it will.''

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sponsored Links
look in faqs, wiki central htg fix and tips, and plumbing fix and tips

there is a detailed description in one of them including pictures for re pressurising Worcesters

I've looked through that and nothing in it seems to apply to mine from what i can see. Is there any way things could be set up differently?

Sponsored Links
Thanks so much, that's exactly what was needed. I've been peering up into the boiler for the past few hours trying to find a hole for the key!!

Thanks again

Yes, everything is back to normal and warmth in the house! Can take the little one out of her snow suit now. Thanks again

well done mate and all the blessings for your wee one at this magical time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back