Worcester Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody have read the FAQ about the Worcester Boiler and how to re pressurise. I have managed to get the pressure sorted but now cant turn the key back to its normal position. Will this cause me any issues??

I have noticed the hot water from my taps has low pressure now is this due to me not being able to turn the key back?

Oh and yes I did read the part about the keys being plastic but that hasnt stopped me stripping three :oops:

Sponsored Links
You must always turn off the valves after reaching the correct pressure. Otherwise the pressure in your boiler will creep upwards until it reaches your mains pressure. Quite possibly this will be high enough that your pressure relief valve will blow when the boiler heats up the water. Or it may blow all on its own. Either way, you might be stuck having to replace the valve.

I can't think of any reason why this would affect your hot water pressure.

Some internal filling loops divert water away from the cold inlet.

In other words, if the loop is partly open, the cold water inlet to the hot water section is partially shut.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back