Vaillant Turbomax242 E loosing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vaillant TurboMax 242E which has been losing pressure, I have re-pressurised the expansion vessel to 1 bar. However, it is still losing pressure and dripping water out of the small copper pipe on the outside wall. When I checked the expansion vessel it was only air that came out rather then any water. Is the next thing to replace the pressure release valve?

Was I correct to re-pressurize the expansion vessel to 1bar?

Sponsored Links
The PRv is typically a metal/metal joint. Any debris can sit between the faces allowing an escape.

By all means replace it, but, are you quite sure the Plate Heat Exchanger is not pinholed and allowing mains cold water to enter the 'system' water and push the pressure up to 'blow-off' pressure, what pressure is the guage showing?

DH

How would I check if Plate Heat Exchanger has been pinholed?

After re-filling the system the pressure was 0.9 Bar cold and about 1.5 Bar when it warmed up. However there is still water dripping out of the copper pipe so I suspect that the pressure will drop back off again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back