Vaillant VCW 20/1 T3 W PCB Problems

Sponsored Links
Make certain you have not crossed the PD valve tubes. The bottom tube above the pump goes to the top connection on the PD valve. For future ref, the boiler can be drained via the 10mm nipples at the isolation valves.

Bleed points: AAV, Brass 10mm nipple on Main Heat Exchanger, Hex nut on top of Domestic Heat Exchanger. As the MHE bleed is within the combustion chamber it's not a place a DIYer can enter. The chamber cover is difficult to refit, and is often left sealed incorrectly.

Thanks The831Bunny.

HW now working ok. CH flaming for a few seconds and then flames die. Have bled everything you suggested except MHE bleed.

Left CH on constant and just checked again. CH has come back on and rads warm. So all is working.

The other identical boiler next to it (big old house) CH comes on and stays on without the delay period. Any idea what's causing the delay before it flames again and stays on?

Mike

Just to say everything is working fine.

A big thank you to all those who helped me.

Until the next time!!!

Mike

Sponsored Links
Spoke too soon. New PDV leaking round the stuffing box. Spotted it before it got to electrics.

Mike

Just ordered a replacement PDV. Should I remove stuffing box and use silicon grease on the threads? I wouldn't have thought it was necessary on a new part and don't really want to disturb it but maybe it's common practice. I checked for tightness when saw it was leaking but it wouldn't go up anymore.

Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back