Vaillant VCW-sine 18 T3 W

Sponsored Links
The simple answer is that I dont know and makers are reluctant to say who make their parts.

However, its regularly stated that most smaller makers and earlier Vaillant boilers used Giannoni heat exchangers and although Giovanni also make heat exchangers, I have always thought that others might be using Giovanni units as Vaillant did.

Its also stated that Vaillant are now "using their own" rather than Giannoni. But who make them is anyone's guess.

Yesterday, I went to a Biasi Activa 35 kW which had an HE which looks very similar to the Vaillant one, stainless front and back and plastic body. However, the first/lower power Activas used an odd looking alloy HE which has never inspired me with much confidence.

Tony

Vaillant Sine-18, wow what a work horse! If only they would still build boilers that robust.
Do i hear banjos!.....Deliverence us from the evil of new boilers. Maybe restrictions in the banjo lines feeding the differential pressure switch which open up the mechanical gas valve. Possibly the diff press switch itself has muck in it.
A new heat exchanger is about £250 if thats leaking also and is quite easy to fit. Very hard to say which course of action to take without looking at it. If all else is ok on it 5 or possibly 600 quid is not a bad price fixing it if you love it so much.
Hope thats some help

Sponsored Links
I also have two but DP will be cheaper!

However, I dont expect there is anything wrong with either heat exchanger.

These cowboys will point to a weeping screwed flange connection and pretend it needs a new part.

Tony

Agile you truly are a pr##k firstly you tell the OP to get a rgi in and then when he does and without you seeing the boiler you then proceed to call the engineer a liar and a cowboy.
Not bad from a guy who constantly embarrasses himself when trying to look cleverer than bunnyman when ever these boilers come up on here

Take it easy Namsag, our Tony speaks in riddles and is a comedian too. Telly is rubbish, so I come here for a laugh so do not upset Tony or he will stop posting.

Thing I would like to know is Tony, how do you know what I would sell a new main heat exchanger for?

Danny i was being polite ;) . Does Martha not use a crystal ball or was that one of his other victims , i mean girlfriends

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back