Vaillant VCW-sine 18 T3 W GC Code 47 044 01

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Vaillant VCW-sine 18 T3 W GC Code 47 044 01
I have had this now for about 20 years but recently when I draw Hot Water the system is heating the radiators at the same time. The Hot Water is not very hot. I read somewhere divertor valve, can anyone tell me the part number and how easy it is to change please. I also need to get a new piezo igniter as this stopped working a few years ago, fortunately the pilot never goes out. Can someone recommend a good site for parts ?

Thanks In Advance Milocoon

Sponsored Links
I think the thermostatic element is usually the part of the diverter valve that needs replacing. Relatively cheap and should still be available. Where are you in Bristol (my town too)?

I`m near Avonmouth, I`ve find two items for it so far, I recollect somewhere it could be the wax capsule. I`ve switched off the central heating and isolated the flow and return and the hot water is perfect but thats okay whilst we have our short summer. is the wax capsule in the water section I have the original manual but its not listed. "Open the water section. Clean the water filter or replace, check diaphragm and water governor, replace if necessary"

Wax Capsule VAI140106 £26.52 +VAT
Diaphragm VAI010318 £3.79 +VAT

Sponsored Links
Its in the base of the diverter valve.

A brave man operates isolating valves on a boiler that old - lets hope they don't leak when you open them up.

The isolating valves were tight so I slackened the gland nuts a little, I had a small leak turning them. Does anyone have any details of the upgrade to the diverter valve like part number, price and who stocks it please ?

Thanks

There are several spares suppliers at Ashton Gate at the other end of the Portway, notably Parts Centre, but also Shoreheat, Curzon and MJT Controls (MJT have a good on-line site too).

Its a relatively straightforward job for me if there is about 200 mm to the left and below the boiler.

Sometimes the three screws underneath the diverter body are jammed and can shear off.

I would allow about 90 minutes to include a service and performance check.

We would charge £136 in the London area.

Tony

my water keeps leaking on heat exchanger valliant vcw-sine 18 t3 w do i need new one and where is the cheapest place to get one its about 22 years old.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back