Vaillant VCW Sine 18 - part nos. list needed - DHW problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

New member but regular " guest ".

I have a Vaillant VCW Sine 18 T3 WFH combi boiler ( GC No. 47-044-01)

I need a link to a parts number list or service manual that may have them.

On line parts sellers list the type of parts I need with a part number but not the model it fits. Local boiler spares shop unable/unwilling to provide part numbers !

The hot water only runs when the 3rd from left rocker switch is on upper setting - solid red rectangle. My plumber neighbour reckons the diverter valve / micro switch may be at fault- or the diaphragm in it. I took off the casing and sprayed the microswith with a bit of WD40 - no luck.

(Central heating works fine - loses a bit of pressure but a new pressure release valve / expansion tank pump up might sort that !! )

Any help gratefully received - thanks.

Alexander

Sponsored Links
you need diaphragm part number 01-0318 or GC number 262329
Goes in silver water section bottom middle of boiler

Whats the part number of the gland ( stuffing box ) then as its a good idea to change that at the same time as the diaphragm.

Tony

Sponsored Links
As i dont know if you are still qualified i am afraid i cannot give you that information as you may tamper with a boiler for reward,
On proof of registration i will forward it too you.
If the OP requires it i will post it but kev has probably emailed him the instructions.

EDIT

Damm it kev too quick

Hi all,

Thanks for your responses so far .

The way my neighbour John described the diverter valve it had a covered microswitch on top of the valve - I saw this on the LHS inside the boiler.

There is another valve with a small single microswitch in the middle - a plunger comes out horizontally and does depress the microswitch and boiler fires up - when 3rd rocker switch depressed upwards.

I will post a picture later today

Thanks so far

Alexander

I think your plumber neighbour is more of a plumber than a boiler engineer! There are no diaphragms in the diverter valve he was pointing to !

I think that the DHW demand switch is not being actuated and the only way you are getting hot water is by activating the preheat function.

This fault is usually caused by the diaghphram having failed or the gland having seized.

Thsi can be tested by manually activating the microswitch which is located in the base of the die cast electronics box in the centre.

Its rather a tricky job to do and I dont usually advise it as a DIY job althoug I am sure that some advanced DIYers have achieved it if they had pre existing electromechanical experience such as an auto electrician for example.

I had to repair one with that fault yesterday.

Tony

I think your plumber neighbour is more of a plumber than a boiler engineer! There are no diaphragms in the diverter valve he was pointing to !

I think that the DHW demand switch is not being actuated and the only way you are getting hot water is by activating the preheat function.

This fault is usually caused by the diaghphram having failed or the gland having seized.

Thsi can be tested by manually activating the microswitch which is located in the base of the die cast electronics box in the centre.

Its rather a tricky job to do and I dont usually advise it as a DIY job althoug I am sure that some advanced DIYers have achieved it if they had pre existing electromechanical experience such as an auto electrician for example.

I had to repair one with that fault yesterday.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Is there only one microswitch in the base of the box - if not which one is the one to test ?
View media item 14608
In the photo item 1 is the one whose cover was lifted and the switches WD40'd. With the 3rd rocker switch on full red and hot water tap turned on the plunger on items 2 and 3 both move , boiler fires up and hot water ensues.

With the rocker on half red/white setting neither items 2 or 3 move their plungers when hot water tap is turned on. In both cases it has not been possible to see anything happening with item 1 .

I shall have the microswitch in the base of the box investigated if you let me know which one it is - if more than one.

Regards

Alexander

Look right underneath the boiler from below silver thing with 4 pipes (poss 1 little bundy pipe too)

This is where diaphragm is for

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back