Vaillant VCW Sine 18 T3 WF H

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've just had a new boiler installed in my home. The boiler I have replaced is a Vaillant VCW Sine 18 T3 WF H. It's in working condition, was just a little temperamental and I couldn't be bothered with the chew of potentially being without hot water etc. during the winter.

My question is, could I sell the boiler for parts? I understand that many of the parts are now discontinued. What would be the best way to do this? How much could I expect if I sold it in its entirety as not sure if I possess the knowhow to break the boiler down!

Some of the used parts seem to command quite a price on ebay!

Sponsored Links
Ah, the Vaillant VCW Sine series! Truly a classic. I applaud your motivation to make parts available to enable someone to keep one of these lovely beasts running.

But you say it was temperamental:(.

How do intend to distinguish the good components from the the bad?

Ah, the Vaillant VCW Sine series! Truly a classic. I applaud your motivation to make parts available to enable someone to keep one of these lovely beasts running.

But you say it was temperamental:(.

How do you intend to distinguish the good components from the the bad?

Good question. My plumber is of the impression that it's a switch that directs the hot water towards the heating or the hot water which is the problem?? Turn a tap on, hot water takes an age to heat up but rads get hot.

Sponsored Links
There are several parts which are no longer available new.

BUT since many parts involve considerable work to fit, I would be very reluctant to fit anything unless I knew the history and was totally sure that any used parts were in full working order.

You might be able to get say £25 for the whole boiler if you live in a large city like London or Manchester but in Dumbarton its unlikely anyone will be interested.

By chance I have to go to fit a part for a Sine 18 on Wednesday but I bought a few new parts being sold a few years ago so I could help out my customers in their time of need. I have also kept a couple of these boilers in case of need.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back