Vaillant VCW Sine 18 - part nos. list needed - DHW problem

Four pipes and definately plus a thin pipe.

The thin one is best disconnected from its right hand side.

I have got to go to another one today! I am beginning to wonder if I am the only one still repairing these!

Tony

Sponsored Links
The thin pipe is not a definite . It was not a requirement for UK market and on some replacement water sections there was no tapping for it

All of the original boilers that I have seen installed have had it fitted.

As the diaphragm replacement together with a new gland makes a good quality repair then I dont see any reason why anyone would want to replace such a beautifully made component.

Tony

Finally got round to manually trying to activate the micro swith to fire the boiler for running hot water ( on the half red/half white setting)

I found it in the "box" in the base of the boiler , activated it and the boiler fired up.

I noticed that the "plunger" beneath the switch did not move up at all whilst hot water tap was running - something jammed/stuck.

Would the diaphram / gland mentioned earlier in this thread be the fix for this ?

Thanks
Alexander

Sponsored Links
Thsi can be tested by manually activating the microswitch which is located in the base of the die cast electronics box in the centre.

Tony

I hope that you would have found it there after I told you where it was!

The cause of the plunger not moving is either a failed diaphragm or a seized gland.

Both should be changed at the same time and the pin lubricated with silicone grease.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back