Vaillant - Very Loud Buzz when on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. Hopefully someone will know what this is and perhaps show me how to fix it myself.

Boiler INFO:

Boiler: Vaillant Turbomax Pro 28r*

*not 100% sure about the 'R' as I can't read the installation logger's handwriting
Info on log:

Working gas inlet pressure at installation: 20mb
No inhibitor used
No thermostat, cylinder therm, TRV's or three/two port valves.

Pressure is always about 1bar (and has to be topped up every week - I think there's a leak in the bathroom, but that's not this problem)

Boiler PROBLEM: Loud noise when heating is on

It buzzes whenever the gas is lit. It is especially noisy when it warms up quickly. The noise is a loud and constant buzz, about 30db - (we often sit in the cold rather than listen to it!).

It seems to come on when the second light from the top comes on (it looks like a vent/fan icon).

I am not an expert at DIY, if anyone has any solutions can they be in plain english please!

Hope you can help

Sponsored Links
As it's a combi you wouldn't expect to have a cylinder to have a stat, or any 2/3 port valves visible.

You should by law have a room stat and trv's if it's a recent installation.

How do you know the 20mbar?!

The noise probably IS the fan or possibly the gas valve. Whichever, it's way beyounf the DIY skills you say you don't have! If it's within a year call the installer back. A corgi bod's matter, anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back