Vaillant VMW ES 282-5

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Hoping someone can help.....
I inherited a S/H Vaillant as above when I bought an old house here in Spain.
It is LPG gas.
It will spark on ignition but will not fire because no gas is coming through!
I have fitted a new gas valve, part number as per Vaillant and since fitted a new PCB as it looked suspect.
Still no gas. Have 19 mbar at inlet of valve.
I have correct resistance at both solenoids and have 230 volts at two pin postions on the gas valve plug and can hear the solenoids buzz when I put a screwdriver to them and to my ear.

Can anyone suggest any reason why I might not have gas?
Thanks in advance

Cheers
Goatherd

Sponsored Links
Well it looks the same as an ecotec uk model, LPG should be 37mb inlet standing pressure I would have thought that was universal across Europe? If it has 19 u need to get a gas bloke to look at it as that needs sortin first an then the gas valve will need setting with a gas anyliser

This French site:-

http://www.cfbp.fr/index.dyn.php3?p_idref=812

seems to mention regulators down to 28 mB, 36 mB and 37 mB.

To fully assimilate more technical articles I have to spend some time looking at it.

However, it does seem to confirm that 28-37mb would be the range of regulated pressures to be encountered.

Its not clear how, where and under what conditions the OP has measured the 19mB.

A common mistake in the UK is to measure the standing pressure and to assume that remains the working presure when a load is applied so that the working pressure is never measured.

Boiler gas valves are very reliable and it would not surprise me in this case if the fault was external to the boiler!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi All

Hoping someone can help.....
I inherited a S/H Vaillant as above when I bought an old house here in Spain.
It is LPG gas.
It will spark on ignition but will not fire because no gas is coming through!
I have fitted a new gas valve, part number as per Vaillant and since fitted a new PCB as it looked suspect.
Still no gas. Have 19 mbar at inlet of valve.
I have correct resistance at both solenoids and have 230 volts at two pin postions on the gas valve plug and can hear the solenoids buzz when I put a screwdriver to them and to my ear.

Can anyone suggest any reason why I might not have gas?
Thanks in advance

Cheers
Goatherd

Hi Goatherd,

Have you had a look on the Spanish Vaillant site to see if there is someone who can help? http://www.vaillant.es/Web/Home.jsp

Best of luck!

Hi Guys

Thanks for help.... just found out what it is.... a faulty regulator!!!!
All systems go now...
Cheers
Goatherd

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back