Vaillant vSmart to replace VRT392

I thought the latest version of VR470f did have some sort of heat curve auto learning feature whereby it automatically adjusted the curve once it had learnt the heat up/cool down characteristics of the building?

Sponsored Links
Is the vr900 the wireless version of the vr700?
I'd need wireless to make this feasible otherwise it's a whole lot of work to get cabling in place.

looks like the vr900 is the internet bridge for the vr700, there is a wireless adapter for the vr900. I don't think the vr700 is wireless.

The heat curve is essential to maintaining correct temp in your house, not too hot (curve too high) and not too cold (curve too low). The wired controllers will calculate this for you if the newer vr470f does this then great but how do you know what revision you will be shipped? I've had to up the curve on vsmart as boiler was on all day & house nether reached target temp.

https://translate.googleusercontent...e.html&usg=ALkJrhhDNNKVJPq4fLv4Nd5D_TgPbbvQbg

https://translate.google.co.uk/tran...ul-vr-900-63168.de_de.html&edit-text=&act=url

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=vaillant+vr900&_sacat=0

A proper vsmart app update could make vsmart the one to get but so far its pants. Try the apps for yourself and see what you like or don't, really depends what you want.

the VR470f would be perfect if it did auto heat curve, easy water or heat timer boost & more temp settings per day. Vsmart allows more temp settings per day, easy water and heat boost, auto heat curve (either limited to 1.4 or takes far too long to up its curve) but removes the ability to : set separate HW and heating timers, threshold before heating cylinder, display outside temp on e-ink controller, use actual outside temp instead of internet weather temp, see boiler info like flow & return temps plus others i don't remember. If you need non of that then wired controller is likely better. Have a long hard think before committing yourself, check the Vaillant controller simulators and be happy with what you decide to get.

Good luck,

worth trying vaillant tech support for any Q's you have.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Thank you for all your support (and apologies for delay in replying).

Essentially I want boiler modulated output according to outside temp, with remote access (i.e. mobile phone or tablet).

It seems vsmart does this but I'm not happy that it uses internet received temps rather than actual outside temps.
Plus I'm reading quite a bit of negative press on it (you guys on here for example).

So I don't think there's anything out there for me yet. The 700 from vaillant looks to not be available in the UK yet. Plus I don't think it gives remote access ?

Guess I just need to wait until vaillant release their latest version of hardware?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back