Vailliant ecotec pro 28 fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Today I got up and my heating would not work on my CH system but I have hot water. My radiator valves are open but when I press i on the boiler it displays s0 which is no hot water demand. I have drained the system refilled and bled all radiators bu no joy. Sometimes error message s7 is coming up which is pump over run, any ideas ? I have tested terminal 4 on board and it has voltage, I have also tried resetting boiler through d97 but no joy, also I have tried d70 and selecting heating only demand but still no hot radiators. Anyone help me with what it could be ?

Sponsored Links
S7 is not a fault it means pump over run.

Dont know why you are messing round in with D settings for???

Why did you drain boiler, what heating controls do you have???

S7 is not a fault it means pump over run.

Dont know why you are messing round in with D settings for???

Why did you drain boiler, what heating controls do you have???

Right ok I assume as it is not one of the f messages, I was checking it was not diverter valve as I searched this forum and a topic similar was advised to do this with d70 with similar problem.

I have the VRT 30 room thermostat.

Press - and + together (service mode) and post back what happens.

Sponsored Links
Push the - & + buttons at the same time and post back results as 831 Bunny telling you, you are only pushing the - button

The good news is it may only be an isolation valve that is shut off under the boiler (they don't shut themselves though)...

The bad news is on a probability factor your DV is leaking and the motor and/or pcb are shot. Thats the most common cause of your symptoms.

Don't guess it though and sling a load of parts at it, get an engineer in who is experienced with Vaillants to check the DV action and PCB.

The isolation valves underneath is that just the screws on the flow and return as they are open ?

If this is the case does it mean that basically at least one part has gone ?

Is there any other checks I can do before hand ?

Thanks

There are two brass valves on the larger copper pipework (22mm). One LHS one RHS. These are the heating Flow and Return pipes. The valves have a 4mm hex key and a indication line showing if the valve is on or off. The line should be in line (parallel) with the pipe for 'on'. Across or 90deg to the pipe for 'off'.

Unless these have been moved, they will be on.

If you press the re-set button (top left, flame with cross through), what do you hear after 3 seconds from the boiler?

Just come to a friends house, I will check when get in.

Could it be the pump as I have not had heating on all summer and it giving pump over run ?

By the sounds of it, does it mean at least one part has gone ?

And the valves are open they have not been touched :(

The pump is fine as you are getting hot water OK. It is in heating pump over-run mode because there is no circulation out to the heating circuit. As mentioned before DV/PCB problems.

I work on these appliances all day, every day, but the one thing you can't do on the end of a keyboard is look or listen (damn thats two!). A trained eye should confirm my diagnoses in 30 seconds.

You may want to go direct to Vaillant for their fixed price repair if you don't know anyone local to yourself. Who generally services it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back