vailliant turbo max 242 diverter valve micro switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there
having read some of the previous posts i decided to check the micro switch on the diverter valve to see if it was operating correctly and that it would explain why i get no hot water through taps.having lowered the control panel i got tap turned on why i watched the micro switch and diverter valve operate. but has mentioned on previous posts i couldn't see a white arm/needle that would operate the micro switch so i presume it has broke off.i pushed down on the nipple in the centre of the micro switch and boiler fired up straight away.so my question/ is the plastic arm/needle part of the diverter valve and do i have to change complete valve or is it a separate part

Sponsored Links
Complete valve (011289) I'm afraid, the shuttle is not moving. A service kit is available if you think you are up to it.

You don't have to change the valve. You will require a service kit then strip the valve, replace innards (supplied in the kit), re-build and re-fit.

That is what I said. BUT is the OP up to it? or is a complete valve the easier option :?:

Sponsored Links
thanks for the quick reply, now i know that it is part of the diverter valve i think i will opt for a complete valve because i have chose to try and repair myself has two local plumbing firms couldn't be bothered to turn up to inspect the fault today has arranged .i just hope im not biting of more than i can chew

I always replace the whole valve because commercially I cannot risk having a customer complain that another part is leaking or failed.

Thats only in relation to this boiler model as I will replace internal parts on other boiler with a higher reliability.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back