Valiant 242 DHW water issue

alt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a valiant 242/1 boiler , less than 5 years old. My issues is that when i turn the hot water tap on i get hot water instantly but when i turn it off an immediatley turn it on again i find that i only get cold water. i have to then shut the tap off and wait sometime 10 mins before turning the tap on and the hot water light on the boiler comes back on. i had a look at the microswitch the other day when this happened and i noticed that the actuating lever was going down onto the microswitch but doesn't look like it was depressing it far enough. when i depress the lever above the microswitch manually by an additional millimeter the hot water comes back on. Please note that the microswitch /Diaphram were recently replaced by a plumber when DHW stopped completley. do you think he has has not put the lever in the correct position properly ?

The other thing i only noticed that the water pressue which should be 1.5 , i've recently every couple of days have had to top it off. Something i never needed to do before the plumber came in and stripped the boiler to find the issue and then fitted in the microswitch + diaghpram. Not sure why this is the case now ? any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Microswitch is adjustable! Just loosen the small screw.

Hi
I have a valiant 424/1 boiler , less than 5 years old.

I thought that the 424 was a heat only boiler but it seems that its actually a combi.

Can Dave briefly describe if its just an open system version of the 824 ?

Tony

sorry got the model wrong its a vuw 242/1 E. I'll check to see if the microswitch is adjustable , hopefully should solve my issue ...

Any idea on the Water pressue ?

Sponsored Links
Yes Tony the 400 series is just an open vent heat only boiler that can be made pressurised as well.

There's not a 424 though.

Were all the small copper tubes cleaned out & the chambers in & onto the Diaphram clear as well :?:

check both ends off the small copper tubes :!: ;)

All fixed, I called the insurance up and forced them to send someone more reliable. They put a bit of a fight but finally caved in and i got someone from Valiant. The guy came looked at my issue and completley replaced the diverter valve + mico-switch - told me for things like this it's better to replace them , you can change the diaphram etc to save money but if something else is wrong its just another call out. (i had gone through my insurance 5 times on the same issue). He also replaced the heat exchanger. Its been running brilliantly ever since + i now get really hot water upstairs that i now have to open the cold tap :D . Thanks you to everyone on the forum who tried to help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back