valiant boiler leaks water- help!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a valiant boiler with separate storage tank upstairs. Every few days the boiler spills out about a pint of water and then pressure drops so I have to top up water in the system and place a bucket underneath the boiler.

I als0 bleed the very top rad as full of air, but not always. Any help much appreciated as over weekend whilst we were away the system went to BMU error but as soon as I topped up the water it was fine???

Sponsored Links
Where exactly is the leak coming from?
What is the exact model of the boiler?

Hi its a valiant eco tec plus. Not seen it in action so cannot say if its due to the pressure.

Sponsored Links
Seems leak from underneath boiler. I have removed front cover and water seems to be sitting in area just above connections

Because its the combustion air seal then only a gas registered engineer should remove the front cover!

Tony

Thanks for the advice but it simply hooks off.....anyway any clues as to what it may be?

+1(2)

It should be screwed on! If it's not then you have a problem, even then you still need to get an RGI in to sort out ASAP

It's the front white outer cover I am on about not the cover to the combustion element. With this cover off I can see the pump, combustion chamber, exhaust pipe? Etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back