Valiant Combi no pressure

MTW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a Valliant Combi, no hot water or heating. Boiler pressure needle is down on the zero??? Tried to top up, no change??? Can anyone offer any advice or possibly solutions???? Used this forum back in Feb 10 and resloved my problem then so fingers crossed :)

Sponsored Links
Got a Valliant Combi, no hot water or heating. Boiler pressure needle is down on the zero??? Tried to top up, no change??? Can anyone offer any advice or possibly solutions???? Used this forum back in Feb 10 and resloved my problem then so fingers crossed :)

What happens when you say you have tried to pump it up?. Is it leaking through the pressure relief valve?.

When you say you tried to top up, do you mean you stuck the key in the valve and turned it on? I'm only guessing as I used to have a Vaillant that topped up like that.

Sponsored Links
just investigated even further, GOT A BURST!!!!!!!no wonder there is no pressure ther is no water in the system, all over ceiling in the lounge!!!!!

just investigated even further, GOT A BURST!!!!!!!no wonder there is no pressure ther is no water in the system, all over ceiling in the lounge!!!!!

Sorry to hear that, Phone your insurance company right away.
Also turn of your boiler and cold stop tap and open all taps in case other pipes are frozen

Thanks Spraggo, I have turned off the boiler, and hopefully be able to get repaired tomorrow. copper pipe going into a plastic Tee must frozen and popped out of Tee. Looks like no damage to copper pipe so am hoping to repair tomorrow. Ceiling is looking a bit wet at moment, hoping it will dry out, got the dehumiders & Oil filled radiators in the lounge hoping to dry it out.

As the burst is in the roof void, , and there are only 3 radiators on that level I am right in assuming that only the water out of those radiators will have escaped, and not out of the whole system? IE the 6 raditors on the ground floor??

WHen I caome to refille the system, can I just top it up or will I have to drain to all first and then refill??

WHen I caome to refille the system, can I just top it up or will I have to drain to all first and then refill??

It should be a matter of repairing the leak and topping up plus bleeding the radiators above the leak.

Regards

spraggo

• Thanks
Reactions: MTW
Thank you spraggo. Thats what I was hoping for. :)

Have hopefully done the repair today, and will be refilling tomorrow. Problem was only had a small confirned space to work in so took a bit of doing. (Dormer bungalow, and pipe was in roof void.)

Had oil fiiled radiators on and dehumidifiers, and the lounge ceiling is not looking too bad at the moment, no bowing of the boards. (Fingers crossed)

Thanks once again.

Marie

All filled up, and working PHEW!!! Ceiling nearly dried out. Thanks again to spraggo, keep up the good work.

Marie :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back