Valiant turbomax boiler problem help please

Sponsored Links
Right ladies, Gentleman and those who are gender neutral, this is the thing, I have tried everything you have advised with little success, I now have a boiler engineer saying it’s the secondary heat plate exchanger, we are going to remove this and descale it with ‘Knockout SOS650 Spirits of Salt‘ which should do the trick.
I would like to thank the guys on here for advising me in a professional manner as for the idiots, I will not rise to it

Ok tried the shower on cold only and tried the laps still the same

mate... The above post is where you started to lose your audience. We were all trying to assist you but that post was too brief and nonsensical!

Cartridge based mixer valves (especially shower valves) have a flow cartridge that mixes hot and cold water to the outlet, via a thermostatic valve. These cartridges sometimes have a non return valve that prevents the higher pressure cold water from travelling back up the hot pipe, in fault conditions.
It is not uncommon for a shower valve to fail internally, thus allowing cold water into the hot side of the whole system (known as crossover). By advising you to shut off the cold supply AT YOUR BOILER ONLY this could be proven by then opening any other hot tap... If water continues to flow from a hot only tap, whilst the cold feed to the boiler is isolated, then this proves that cold water is getting into the hot circuit via a mixer i.e shower valve.
Has this test been carried out?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back