Valiant Turbomax problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Valiant Turbomax plus 82X E that has developed a problem in that it does not always switch between hot water and CH. If the CH has turned off for the day, and then I try and run the hot water it runs cold, or visa versa. I can temporary fix this by switching off the boiler and back on again and it works OK till the next time. The problem does seem less obvious if the CH is on, then running the hot tap is OK. I've checked the diagnostics, and it says the divertor valve has operated, but whether this is the case??
Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
NOt sure which boiler you mean. There's a 282 and an 828 but not a 82X!

If it has a digital display then it's the 828 (or 824!).
Either way it's a diverter valve problem. How old is the boiler?

Come back with the model & we'll go from there.

Thanks Chris, sorry about the model, its a Turbomax Plus 824 E (with digital display) Also there is a mention on the name plate of VUW GB 242-5 if that means anything to you. The boiler is about 3 years old, and the problem was there last year but only very occasionally. This year its much more frequent.

Read stuff about it here

look at VUW 824 and 828 as they're just different output power s.

If you fold the front bit down the diverter valve is to the left, angled, with a black top. Easy to change once you've emptied the boiler.

It was a common bit of aggro - if you'd called them inside 2 years it would have been free!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back