Valiant Turbomax 282 - No hot water

jss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Valiant Turbomax 282. The central heating works fine. The hot water works when the CH is on. But when the CH is off the hot water only comes on some of the time. If we reset the boiler (by turning the central heating control switch to the reset (flame) position) the hot water works but this is needing to be done more and more often.

By looking at the diagnostic LEDs everything lights up sequentially up to the point of Ignition Indicator but the Flame Indicator LED doesn't come on. After 10 seconds the Burner Lock Out Indicator LED comes on and switches of the boiler. If I reset this then the boiler fires up ok most of the time.

I suspect there is a problem with the control board but any ideas or suggestions would be most appreciated. If it is the control board does anyone have any ideas on the price of the board and good places to buy it from.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
TRhis sounds like a 10 year boiler which has never been serviced during the last five years?

Tony

Yes, you are right, it hasn't been serviced recently. Do you think a service will clear the fault? Do you know what a service entails and is this something that I could do (I have fairly decent knowledge of boilers)? Is a service kit available? Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
It is the Turbomax 282, it has a black panel with green knobs.

I expect it may be a problem which a routine service would have prevented. Needs a CORGI as gas related.

If a boiler is not working properly then we treat it as a repair and charge accordingly. We only do routine servicing at least a week ahead except for people we know in case its really a fault.

One lady phoned up to book a service. I explained how we charged for services and repairs and she confirmed the boiler was working fine.

Within the hour then lady was back on the phone saying what a coincidence it was but the boiler had just failed.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back