Valiant Turbomax VUW 282 E - Hot Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, I need a little help with my boiler I have the Valiant Turbomax VUW 282 E

It’s been working fine for a long time, I think the diverter was replaced ages ago. The only other thing that need replacing is the microswitch (126262) that starts the boiler for the hot water. I and have learnt how to do it myself and I replace it every few years when it fails. But this time even when I have replaced it the hot water doesn’t trigger. The lever comes down but looks like it’s not pushing hard enough even when hot water tap is at full blast. If I push the switch or add a bit of paper between the lever and the switch it works fine. Obviously that’s not a long term solution, and ideas on what can be causing the issue. And how much it would cost to fix?

Also due to the age (30 years) should I be looking to replace it, everyone who has looked at it in the past says it should be replaced as its too old…. But that’s also what they told me when I moved in 20 years ago, and still works fine apart from the current issue!

BTW the Pressure and Central heating is fine

Sponsored Links
wow 30 yrs is a good run, sounds to me like your diaphragm needs replacing in the diverter, you can buy a diverter repair kit for around 10-15 pound, pretty straight forward to replace if you know what your doing, would def look at replacing now though as your only throwing good money after bad, suppose I should say that you need to remember only a GSRE is allowed to work on gas appliances ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back