Valiant TURBOmax VUW 242/1 E - 282/1 E - Water not as hot as could be.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughters boiler seems to be operating ok but water seems to be not as hot as could be.

But she complains of the Hot water is not unduly hot for a shower, meaning its flow is not very forceful as expected. Where not much cold pressure is used to mix to give it abit of force.

The boiler is a Valiant TURBOmax VUW 242/1 E or VUW 282/1 E.

Done a flow test into a 10 ltr container timed over a minute and is set correct as per the manual.

The Central heating is set at 3 on its temperature control is fine.
The Hot water is set at 8 on its control.

Any other thing should be checked.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If everything was perfect it would give about 9 litres per minute at a temperature rise of 35 degrees.

So what was your flow rate and temperature rise?

Tony

thanks,

Yes it has been serviced some months ago, I believe. The heat plate, is that the same plate for the central heating. As that is set only at No2, with adequate heat from radiators. But hot water is set alot higher at No8 with only 2 divisions left.

The flow as I measured it was into a marked 10 ltr container over a minute and it was 10 ltrs. But for the temperature rise, where would that be seen/shown. Would that be the gauge alongside the water pressure at the front.

Sponsored Links
Probably heat plate exchanger, not a bad job on this model its right at the front, but you will need a GSI to check it out or change.

Probably as Tony was suggesting it's doing all it can.

In the summer that 35deg rise could give you 55+
But in the winter could be as little as 40
So over summer your daughter was probably adding more cold on the shower and increasing flow rate. Now it needs to be full hot.

It could also be a plate issue as suggested.
Need to measure the temperature rise

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back