Vaillant TURBOmax leaking water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vaillant TURBOmax VUW 242/1 e, 282/1 E and white hand on the lower scale of the pressure and temperature gauge is at 2.2 bar. According to the manual, it should be between 1 and 1.5 bar.

I can see that there is a slow leak coming from one to the copper pipes and also a slow leak from the radiator when the boiler is off.

When the boiler is on, there is no leak from the radiator.

What does this mean?

How can I get the bar to be between 1 and 1.5 bar?

Sponsored Links
Leak is so small that the water evaporates when the rad is warm. Carefully tighten the nut quarter turn. Take a mug full of water from a bleeding valve to get pressure correct.

Do you mean I should bleed the radiator?

Would that stop the leak from the Vaillant boiler and would the pressure return to between 1 and 1.5 bar?

If you've got a leak from the heating system the pressure should be dropping gradually. If it isn't you may have the filling loop open. Check that it's fully shut by disconnecting the flexi hose bit.

The leak in the boiler might be from the "domestic" water side, i.e. mains pressure. This would not effect the system pressure. Can you post a pic or describe more precisely where the internal leak is?

Sponsored Links
The internal leak looks to be coming from the pressure relief valve pipe that goes through the wall to the outside. The filling loop is currently connected.

So disconnect the filling loop. I think you'll find it's not turned off properly. You've got a leaky PRV by the sound of it.

Isn't it a braided hose with wing nuts at the ends?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back