Vaillant TURBOmax VUW 242 / 282/1 E not igniting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hoping someone can help me with a problem I have with my boiler (TURBOmax VUW 242 / 282/1 E):

A while ago I found that I was having to manually re-set the boiler from time to time after it had turned off (turn the CH control to the flame position). I would find that the ignition indicator was flashing.

This issue has progressively got worse and I am now having to do it every time (it can take 10 attempts or more to get the boiler to ignite). Every time is the same; I will put the CH so as to have a constant demand for hot water, the boiler will then turn on but there is no clicking sound to show it attempting to ignite. After 30 seconds or so the ignition indicator will start flashing and I will have to manually re-set the boiler again until it eventually ignites.

Once ignited the boiler works fine and I am able to use both central heating and hot water without issue. The fact that it seems to have deteriorated would suggest to me that it's something physical as opposed to a failure on with the PCB.

I've had a friend look at it who thinks it may just be the electrode but I was wondering if anyone else on here had managed to resolve the same issue?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back