Valiant combi with missing manual

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

My Valiant combi boiler pressure is getting low. I'm familiar with the concept of filling loops, but can't find one on this boiler. I've searched around online, and have found that some Valiants have a built-in filling loop, but I can't find it!

I inherited this boiler with our current flat, but unfortunately not the manual. To complicate matters, I've looked all over the boiler and can't even see a model number on it!

I have managed to find a key marked 'Valiant', which must be the one I've seen mentioned for opening the filler valve, but it looks like it could fit several controls on the pipework.

Can anyone tell me which control is likely to open the filler valve? If anyone can post or send a picture of one of these valves with instructions, it would be amazing.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sponsored Links
There are two and look like screwdriver slots towards the front right on the underside.

Its probably a Turbomax 824 and you may be able to download the manual from the Vaillant web site.

Tony

There are two and look like screwdriver slots towards the front right on the underside.

Its probably a Turbomax 824 and you may be able to download the manual from the Vaillant web site.

Tony

Cheers for the reply Tony.

I've had a look at the Vaillant site (OK, I've noticed I had the spelling wrong LOL), and they only seem to have the manuals for new boilers there, I can't see anything for the Turbomax. Thanks for the idea though. I'll keep searching online in case I can tuen up a manual.

Going by memory, there's a small square control with a slotted top immediately under the front of the boiler, kind of between the pipes marked 'Water Inlet' and 'C H Return'. There's another further back underneath, which the water inlet looks like it passes through, with an arrow (a one-way valve?) pointing across to the pipe it joins. This is larger and a little chewed up, like someone's been at it with pliers or grips. Do either of those sound likely?

The key I have has a small, square socket at the end, which looks like it might fit the first control I mentioned, but it seems to snug and I can't quite get it on there. The thumb-tab of the key (that you use to turn it) has a blunt flat-bladed tool at the end that looks like it might have fitted into the groove on the second control (if it wasn't so chewed up).

Any ideas?

Chris

I dont know what you are describing but a flat bladed screwdriver about 7 mm fits nicely!

If you search this site there are many postings and one not long ago had a nice picture posted by Chris showing your filling valves.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I dont know what you are describing but a flat bladed screwdriver about 7 mm fits nicely!

If you search this site there are many postings and one not long ago had a nice picture posted by Chris showing your filling valves.

Tony

OK, thanks Tony.

I have had a search on here before I posted, but I must have missed the one you're talking about - it sounds exactly like what I need! I'll have another look.

Oh, and in case it's a help for anyone else, I found this site with manuals for download : http://www.danthegas.com/boilers/Vaillant/Domestic Boilers/

I just can't find my boiler on here....yet! It doesn't look like a Turbomax...it has a digital display on the control panel, and I can't see one in the Turbomax manual....
Cheers,

Chris

There's 2 models of the Turbomax, the Pro & the Plus. The Plus models have the digital display.

There's 2 models of the Turbomax, the Pro & the Plus. The Plus models have the digital display.

Thanks, that explains it then.

I found a picture of what looks like my boiler here: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=119929

And I've asked if I have the right controls for the filling loop, but no-one's answered so far :( If you know what these filling controls look like, any chance you can take a look please and let me know if I have the right ones?

Cheers,

Chris

If that picture is exactly like your boiler then put the key in those "square pegs in round holes & turn them both until they are both parallel to the boiler. The ones in the picture are actually open on the cold water side (bottom) & closed on the C/H side (top).

If that picture is exactly like your boiler then put the key in those "square pegs in round holes & turn them both until they are both parallel to the boiler. The ones in the picture are actually open on the cold water side (bottom) & closed on the C/H side (top).

Yep, I'm pretty sure that's what it looks like. Thanks again - I'll give it a go when I get home tonight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back