Valiant combi boiler water pressure increase

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Valiant combi (ecotec plus) boiler fitted and have recently noticed that over night the radiator pressure increases to +3 bar pressure. I then reduce the pressure by releasing a radiator bleed screw and then the pressure increases during the day. The overflow pipe also leaks during all pressure increase.

The filling loop does sound like it leaks !!!!

Sponsored Links
I think pretty much it is going to be either a leaking filler loop valve or a faulty heat exchanger which is letting mains water pressure into the central heating loop.

Do you have an isolation valve connected to the pipework at the other end of the filling valve?

at a complete guess I think you should disconnect the filling loop and see if it still does it :idea:

probably a turbomax plus with the single check internal filling loop. bit tricky to disconnect if so, but no.1 suspect.

Sponsored Links
Ecotec Plus have a worringly fairly high rate of holed plate HE's. This would cause your problem.

They are warranted against scale for 5 years, but knowing Vaillant and group service, they will find a way to wriggle out of the warranty :rolleyes:

Had 3 local to me and heard of several more across the country.

Dosen't appear to be scale related either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back