Validation of Gas Boiler Price Quotation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can any one help?

I have a quotation to fit and replace an existing boiler with "Alpha 18R Standard" Gas Boiler. Who is the manufacturer of this boiler?

I am having difficulty in find websites that will give me an indicative cost comparison as 2500 GBP seems a bit steep to me.

Sponsored Links
"alpha" are the manufacturer. I'd personally recommend Vaillant as they are much better. £2500 is probably including labour and all materials.

Hi Dangermouse.

Thanks. Puts my mind at rest a bit. I will get a quote on the Valliant.

But not much! I did a search on boiler prices. Saw that I could buy the boiler at 610 GBP including VAT. Meaning that with the labour and "all" materials (but not including electricals) the cost estimate is around 1900 GBP. I estimate that it takes half a day 4 hours to remove the old one and fit the new one. Say 5 hours on site work. Equates to 1500 GPB (taking out 400 for materials) for 5 hours = 300 GBP per hour.

Thats more than a central court Barrister gets and a lot more than a CFO of a mobile company.

So ok it takes a day of work. 8 hours. and its 1400 GBP for work. = 175

Still a good rate. Thats about what a General in Afganistan gets.

Hmmm.

I see you are in Hungary, so these comments may not be correct.

Sponsored Links
I estimate that it takes half a day 4 hours to remove the old one and fit the new one. Say 5 hours on site work. Equates to 1500 GPB (taking out 400 for materials) for 5 hours = 300 GBP per hour.

I think that you should do the job yourself.

YOU are obviously qualified and experienced, you have obviously spent the time and effort going through college, first to become a plumber ( 4 years ) then going on to become a gas fitter ( 2 years ) that`s only on paper, let`s forget about experience.
I estimate thet you are an A*sshole.

I think that you should do the job yourself. YOU are obviously qualified and experienced, you have obviously spent the time and effort going through college, first to become a plumber ( 4 years ) then going on to become a gas fitter ( 2 years ) that`s only on paper, let`s forget about experience. I estimate thet you are an A*sshole.

Nice to see you back bamber where yea been not in jail i hope.

Nice to see you back bamber where yea been not in jail i hope.

How`s it goin`Bobby lad, just thought I`d pop in & straighten the place up a bit, it`s gone to pot Son. :rolleyes:

Bought a bar in Spain, been there for a while. just come back to evict the unemployed scum renting my old house, Long story...........

No I am not an ass*.

Just one of those punters on the high street asking not to be ripped off.

Fair days work for a fair days wage.

Bet you did not pay for the cost of the college. I did all of that appreticeship business myself too.

All I was looking for is a reasonable justification for the cost.

Why: My Grandmother had to have her boiler replaced and this took most of her savings to get it done. (This is the purpose of the original question). I found later that the Gas Fitter was charging 20 GBP for on "O" seal and 30 GBP for an plain old electrical plug. The final cost was 4000 GBP for a boiler replacement on a quote of 2500 GBP.

So I guess u where in the right place.

So enuf said. Next time I will be bringing in a Hungarian or two to do the work. I can get them in working and accomodated at these prices.

Fair days work for a fair days wage.

Come back when you are a tradesman, then quote money & wages.

Bet you did not pay for the cost of the college.

Yep, I paid a hell of a lot more for my gas qualifications, & do so every five years. ;)

So enuf said. Next time I will be bringing in a Hungarian or two to do the work. I can get them in working and accomodated at these prices.

Fine. Don`t forget to invite us all to her funeral after your shoddy. cheap labourers have left it dangerous. ;)

£20 for an 'O' ring seal is cheap.

I would charge £60 + VAT (up to 1 hour) plus parts to do this. If it took more than 1 hour then this would be charged per hour in half hour blocks.

Get real with your pricing :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back