vallant turbomax pro hot water fluctuation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

i wonder if anyone can help. 18 months ago I had a vaillant turbo max pro fitted. This has worked fine until now 3 days ago I noticed that
when the hot water is running it fluctuates between hot and luke warm.

all the indicator lights light in the correct order, the central heating is working and the whole system was new when installed. Pressure is
in the green as recommended.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Has it always been the same?
Try it with more HW taps on
Ideally measure the rate of water coming out of each tap and add them up.
(Time them for 1 litre and tell us if you like)

If the flow isn't restricted by the taps then it's probably scale in the secondary (ie the tap water)heat exchanger.

How long does it stay hot/cool?

With the taps on, listen very carefully with your ear to the boiler :eek: . Can you hear a tick every few seconds, perhaps 5secs, tick, 3 secs, tick, 5secs, tick etc?

hello chris , thanks for your reply . in answer to your questions turning on more than one hot tap makes no differrence idont think flow is restricted in any way and no clicking sound from boiler but a rushing sound every 10 seconds or so. any further ideas greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
a rushing sound every 10 seconds or so
is drowning the little clicks! (5 + 3 = 10, ish)

The noise is from near-boiling, also from lack of circulation.
(Does it make that noise on CH at all?)
OK, sludge confirmed. Different bods will have different ways of dealing with it. Where are you? One of us might be local.

ps, Your installer was a cowboy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back