Valley tiles slippage - temp fix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've a valley tile that has slipped due to some historic movement in the roof structure (now stabilised) and has torn the underfelt and is now resting on the roof timber. Until I can get an experienced roofer to rebuild the valley with valley tray etc I need to make water tight...

This is aggravated by two things;
a) the angle of the valley is I would say somewhere around 30-35'
b) the overhang is now not enough to prevent rollback on the slipped tile which now (because of the hole in the felt) bounces off of the timber and into the loft!

Hope that makes sense??!! Simple question to this long winded situation overview is; can I use expanding foam which I can administer from the loft in between the slipped valley tile and the one above or is there a better temp fix??

Rgds

Sponsored Links
I had a similar problem - a valley tile had decayed along one edge - I just pushed a piece of lead up on the outside , covering the broken tile and keeping the bond - but I had it lying around anyway- I think a piece of vinyl flooring would have done as well. Maybe a proper roofer will have a better idea ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back