Valliant Boiler-but which one? Please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If anyone can identify the boiler model in our rented flat we'd really appreciate it. We had our first go programming+bringing the pressure up to 1.5bars this morning-but when we turned the heating back on the temperature started flying up-we turned it off when it showed 56 degrees. Not sure if it was meant to do this, but the flashing lights didn't quite look right. Trying to find a manual for this boiler-landlord gave us one for the timer, but it doesn't cover the actual boiler, just programming the timer to come on/off. I've upload a photo of our boiler. Please help. It's cold+we're afraid to turn the heating back on!

Sponsored Links
the model number will be on a label behind the front drop down flap, 2 plastic screws with a cross head on the top corners of the front panel, the pressure gauge looks very low by your picture, boiler mmay have no water in it if the temp is racing up.

We've just checked, and the label doesn't appear to have been filled in. We've brought the pressure up to about 1.75 from 0.5 this morning, would this cause the temperature to shoot up when we turned the heating back on? Should we just let it get on with it?

the label is printed and stuck on by the manufacturer, how does it perform on h/w, have you contacted the landlord about this, they must have a regular installer.

Sponsored Links
Was the heating working OK before you adjusted the pressure?

If so, any chance of a photo of the pipes and valves just underneath the boiler?
I'm wondering if you might have closed an additional valve in the heating circuit itself.

Now you have the pressure up, switch it on and let it do its job. It won't hurt you. The only risk to life and limb is through hypothermia if you don't!

You may need to turn the heating knob (the lower of the two big ones) up, or your rads will only be luke.

I am sorry if this question has been asked before and please forgive my ignorance as i know nothing about the topic.

I have been told (by a non expert) that the vaillant 937 can have a shower unit attached to it and that it will give a good pressure and temperature. My questions

1. What type of shower will it need?

2. Will the pressure be sufficient to give a decent temperature?

I have a 5 bedroom house with 3 toilets 1 bathroom

Thaking you in advance.

Bhatti

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back