valliant boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:( Hi can anybody help with a problem i'm having my boiler is a old valiant which has just got a strange fault. the boiler heats water no problem the heating however fires up warms downstairs radiators and the bathroom 1 the others barely get a glimse of heat they are all bled i've noticed that the pressure gauge climbs upto 2.5 bar during heat up then the boiler shuts off the pressure drops a little the boiler starts but then shuts off again and again anybody any ideas or had this problem :?:

Sponsored Links
Expansion vessel discharged or failed for a start!

Tony

thanks toni. but whats that mean and how do i rectify it or is it a plumber only job.

Look at the FAQ on this site for a start.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Why don't you call Vaillant for an in house repair? 01773 8282100

called valliant not very helpful they said its a circulation problem not a boiler problem. all the rads are drained and filled bled and balanced. the expansion vessel is full of water is this normal? the boiler still starts up heats downstairs and part warms rads upstairs could that be the expansion vessel totally puzzled also its just had a new pump fitted going off what a plumber told me (waste of money) as no difference any idears???

called valliant not very helpful they said its a circulation problem not a boiler problem. all the rads are drained and filled bled and balanced. the expansion vessel is full of water is this normal? the boiler still starts up heats downstairs and part warms rads upstairs could that be the expansion vessel totally puzzled also its just had a new pump fitted going off what a plumber told me (waste of money) as no difference any idears???

The expansion tank is supposed to allow for the expansion of heated water thus it should have either a bladder or an air cushion.

If the tank (vessel) is full of water the relief valve should be discharging..

Do you have a flow control on this system?

Did you check to make sure the circulator is not air bound and feel to make sure water is passing through

What rads dont heat up,are they the furthest or are they off a set of drops,are they fed off the same pipe run as the ones heating up or as i asked are they off drops,im just trying to figure out if its just the other rads robbing them of heat

have you tryed turning all the working rads off and see what happens it could be air in return pipework not the rads ?

close the hot rads and see if it pushes heat to cold rads,if it does then close the rads lockshields down so it lets just enough through to heat rads

hi thanks i haven't noticed the relief valve discharging only when i filled the system back up after the pump was fit i think it takes 3bar to discharge and its nowhere near that 1 1/2 at most showing not sure on flow control only that its an old combi vcw242e i wouldn't know where to look where the circulator is i'm still waitin for the manual to arrive as i've had to order 1 then i maybe able to locate the areas mentioned thanks.

hi all downstairs heat up very hot bathroom hot 2 bedrooms warm and top of stairs and 3rd bed only luke warm the system was fine a month or so ago when i tried the boiler before the cold spell came cheers.

yeh tried that a little warmer upstairs but the boiler just turned off quicker. meaning all off the pump ect then after 5 mins comes back on for a min then off again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back