Valliant Combi slow to ignite

MTW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

I have a Valliant Turbo Max Pus combi boiler, and seems to take 4 or 5 ignition attempts before the boiler lights. I have cleaned the burners & the electrodes as it originally was not igniting at all???

Wondered if anyone knows of anything I can try???

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sounds very much like a faulty air pressure switch. If you look over the top right back of the boiler you will see the air pressure switch. Pound to a penny you have the black 'Krom Schroder' version. This is a known problem on this older Turbomax Plus appliance. This has now been superseded with a more reliable component.

If you know how to check the diagnostic codes D.24 will show you how the APS is switching. 0=off, 1=switched. You will see it probably going between 0-1-0-1 when the fan starts. If so exchange APS.

I would always advise any safety part is replaced by a Gas Safe registered Engineer.

Bunny

• Thanks
Reactions: MTW
Will the replacement Air pressure switch be a simple removal and replace, or is it more complicated than that???

Sponsored Links
Just on THIS boiler its outside the combustion chamber at the top right so it can fairly easily be changed by a DIYer.

On other boilers they are inside the combustion chamber and should only be accessed by a registered engineer who can ensure the boiler is reinstated to operate safely.

Tony

• Thanks
Reactions: MTW
Thanks alot for your help, much appreciated.

Have recommended this forum to quite a few of my friends and they all say how helpful it is.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Marie

Took your advice and ordered an new air pressure switch, abd have just fitted it tonight, and hey presto all working..

Again thanks to The 831Bunny and Agile for your help.

Cheers.

And as I said before, keep up the good work, would be lost without you!!!!!

Marie

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back