Baxi 100HE Ignition Problem - has it changed with updated boards?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Baxi100he was locking out daily. It always started like a new boiler in the morning but on 2nd or third ignition it would lock out and after a while I noticed the fan wasn't spinning before ignition.

The local gas engineer had serviced my boiler recently and told me it was in good condition for its age, all the seals were good, the burner skin fine and the trap doing it's job.

My fan and electrodes are under a year old.

I called baxi engineer out and they agreed it was probably ignition or mainboard PCB causing the fan to not light after initial heatup and changed both boards under service contract.

The boiler was working when the engineer left but went to lockout again later that day.

This time I noticed that the fan was still spinning during attempts to ignite so that problem was solved, but now the spark was trying to fire rapidly 8 or 9 times a second rather than the usual 1 or 2.

I wonder if the ignition speed has been altered on the newer Ignition PCB's or is this an electrode/electrode lead issue.

I called baxi out again and today's engineer changed the electrodes (I wasn't at home) but the lockouts are still there and the rapid ignition noise still evident.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back