Baxi Barcelona - explosive ignition

This does prove that some Gas Safe registered Techs can be ignorant about boilers and how to repair them. And when "professionals" on this forum then claim to know the cause but refuse to provide any assistance it does a lot to further undermine confidence in the abilities of tradespeople in the domestic gas industry.
I have a contract with reputable organisation, who supply apprentice trained Gas Safe registered Techs, with many years of experience, to come do the work

well bernardgreen do you suggest we give gas advice then ? and you seem to put gas engineers down on this forum at every opportunity , seems like sour grapes to me :rolleyes: . remember you may need help someday ;) , but if RickH thinks of staying with this company with what he has experienced /witnessed maybe he may consider using someone else . :whistle:

Sponsored Links
. remember you may need help someday ;)

Among my circle of friends and aquaintances are two very capable Register Gas Installers who are also very experienced in boiler repairs so if I need help I will go to them.

and you seem to put gas engineers down on this forum at every opportunity

There are plenty of negative comments about Gas "engineers" from newcomers requesting help to get a boiler working after one or more gas "engineers" have failed to repair it.

It does seem clear from these requests that there are gas "engineers" who need help in repairing boilers.

And you have to admit that some regular contributors are less than polite when telling newcomers that they will not be given any help with their gas related problems.

And you have to admit that some regular contributors are less than polite when telling newcomers that they will not be given any help with their gas related problems.
What don't you understand with regard to the forum rules stating any gas advice is prohibited????

As an update this is now fixed ......... by the SSE Gas Tech, even if some of you feel no Gas Tech involved.
New electrode assembly again, new gas valve ... but at that point still getting flash over on the ignition board.
The Tech this time fitted the 3 wire 'Y' earth harness to the electrode assembly (previous Techs had not fitted this) ... flash over stopped - and over past 2 weeks boiler not failed once ... so what must be well over £1,000 of parts ... and the fix was three short pieces of green & yellow earth wire.

Also left on site: (separate to what has been fitted)
3 new ignition boards & harness
4 system boards
1 gas valve & harness
1 new burner box door
2 burner box door seals
2 new sets of electrodes
1 new larger water trap
1 transformer assembly
small bag full of thermistors

Sponsored Links
Among my circle of friends and aquaintances are two very capable Register Gas Installers who are also very experienced in boiler repairs so if I need help I will go to them.

There are plenty of negative comments about Gas "engineers" from newcomers requesting help to get a boiler working after one or more gas "engineers" have failed to repair it.

It does seem clear from these requests that there are gas "engineers" who need help in repairing boilers.

You have friends???!!!!!

Strange, but I can sort of understand why these Nationals would just want to employ 'Parts Changers'.
Throw a load of parts at a boiler & when the repair reaches the 'repair ceiling'. It's 'Oh, sorry luv but you need a new boiler'!!!

About 2 months ago .. the visiting Techs were saying t hat they would prefer to swap boiler out due to huge numbers of Hrs spent on it as well as parts .... but advise company very reluctant to agree to boiler change..

Seems all they needed was someone who knew what they were doing!

Also left on site: (separate to what has been fitted)
3 new ignition boards & harness
4 system boards
1 gas valve & harness
1 new burner box door
2 burner box door seals
2 new sets of electrodes
1 new larger water trap
1 transformer assembly
small bag full of thermistors
what are you doing with the parts :)

I think there was an initial issue - that was fixed by parts ... but early on in the visits they changed the burner door to enable the fit of the new style 1 piece bar electrode assembly - and chose not to install earth harness that comes with it ..... (3 part Y lead)
This happened in July ... and since then 'maybe' all other parts and visits have been a result of not spotting root cause of the missing earth harness for the electrodes.
There was also issue not found for several visits that they had connections to electrodes reversed - it seems nuts that Baxi design has same plug on each .. you should design in correct orientation ... even as simple as having male on one & female on other.

The guy who did resolve this at least decided to fit the harness that came with the new door .... the others did not fit it - simply changed door & electrode assembly.

sorry but i think you must be talking utter shyte about the parts , just look at them all , come on !!!!! are you having us on :cautious:

sorry but i think you must be talking utter shyte about the parts , just look at them all , come on !!!!! are you having us on :cautious:
My thoughts exactly Agas..why would they be left there???...seen parts left in plant rooms but domestic houses???..BS...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back