BAXI Barcelona woes

Failing on average once a week ... usually after having been off overnight.
Any more suggestions ?

Sponsored Links
well have had 2 of them to the house ... both had same suggestion, replace the boiler .... don't think so.

..... if I could find a competent guy with BAXI skills locally I would engage him, but the ones I have spoken to, seem to suggest I have already drilled deeper into issue than they would .... seems changing the boiler is a valid part of their diagnosis.

But after all this is a DIY forum .. hence looking for solution I can 'Do My Self.'

Sticky pump first thing in the morning??

Gas valve?? could be iffy?? Had one go faulty and it was a swine to light but once it got going is was ok.... they are factory set so you cannot adjust the min and max settings like other boilers.

Sponsored Links
Why not call Baxi themselves for a fixed price repair?

Had the same problem first replaced board and new electrodes (ensure plastic coating covers whole of connection). still the same. further diagnosis found problem with flow switch replaced this and have had no problems since.

But after all this is a DIY forum .. hence looking for solution I can 'Do My Self.'

a lot of the issues with this involve breaking the combustion cover and various other seals. not something the inexperienced or unqualified should attempt. fair play to you for looking for a diy fix but sadly not really a direction i feel you can take. get the fixed price repair from baxi or bg.
ive had 3 lately where the heat exchanger has been blocked and is an ass to clean and these were eventually changed. i cba to read back again throught this :oops: but assume the condense trap and pipe have been checked. if the problem occurs mostly in the morning then i too would be leaning towards a pumnp or possibly a sticking flowswitch. the flowswitch on this can be a complete pig to sort.

idealy get baxi or bg in for the fixed price and leave the boiler turned off overnight before they arrive and let them be the one to power up the system from a cold start and you may have a better chance of them seeing the fault 1st hand.

a lot of the issues with this involve breaking the combustion cover and various other seals. not something the inexperienced or unqualified should attempt. fair play to you for looking for a diy fix but sadly not really a direction i feel you can take. get the fixed price repair from baxi or bg.
ive had 3 lately where the heat exchanger has been blocked and is an ass to clean and these were eventually changed. i cba to read back again throught this :oops: but assume the condense trap and pipe have been checked. if the problem occurs mostly in the morning then i too would be leaning towards a pumnp or possibly a sticking flowswitch. the flowswitch on this can be a complete pig to sort.

idealy get baxi or bg in for the fixed price and leave the boiler turned off overnight before they arrive and let them be the one to power up the system from a cold start and you may have a better chance of them seeing the fault 1st hand.

I will ask BAXI about fixed price repair ... the problem will be it is so intermittant.
After my last 'intervention' it was 4 weeks before it went again ...

As LCOM said, electrodes / flame sencors worth checking. They can break off but still work intermitentaly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back