Baxi Barcelona - ignition lock out

Have set electrode gap (& cleaned) whenever I stand in front of it .. it fires up on first spark ... I know it can have multiple attempts.

I'll disconnect the water trap connection for a while and see if that makes a difference.

I noticed that it is about 3/4 full. ... both sides
Since I removed and cleaned it fully ... left hand side wasd empty and right hand side 3/4 full.

I assume that is what it should look like in service?

My mate has the exact same problem , if it anit the above what else could it be ?

Arf

Sponsored Links
failing that i just change the pump and see what happens, if it doesnt work i put the old one back on.

but surlely thats too easy to do :LOL: .

so has anyone checked the operation of the flowswitch on this boiler.... its been the solution to this very fault before. of course being a 'parts changer' what would i know. :LOL:

You won't get a maintenance contract on a Barcelona.

Anyone who's been in this business a few years knows what a heap they are. Any repairs will be shortlived.

Sponsored Links

Anyone who's been in this business a few years knows what a heap they are. Any repairs will be shortlived.

BG will take it on.

actually most issues are down to poor servicing and a lack of logical faultfinding.

i dont believe this is neccesarily ign lockout. i had a similar issue with inoperation last year. after various people had replaced all stats seals sensors electrodes condense tarps pcbs et al i was able to observe the flowswitch going open circuit during the operation of thr boiler and giving the flashing lockout light. 1 replaced flowswitch later (surprisingly easy for once :LOL: ) and problem solved.

baxipot , i`ve just spoke with my mate , his lockout is a flashing red . once a second

whats that then , please . arf

he`s changed , flue stat , over heat stat and temp sensor . anymore ideas .

I said change boiler :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back