Baxi Barcelona PCB - Jumper details ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just replaced the PCB on my Baxi Barcelona System boiler and they have made some changes to the board jumpers.

On the old board there were two red jumpers which I'd removed to get the full 100k Btu/h output when required.

The new board has a red jumper, two blue jumpers and a yellow one. Can anyone tell me what they are for please as the PCB didn't come with any new instructions.

Sponsored Links
The red "jumper" is for everyday casual ware,the blue jumpers are more suited to winter weather, whilst the yellow jumper looks rather fetching paired with a knitted hat....and can be worn for any occasion :LOL:

Guess I should have seen that coming :LOL:
How about we call them links. Not to be confused with cuff links or anything else that can be worn buy fashion concsiuos footballers.

Sponsored Links
Jumpers on a Barcelona
Red, Blue, Blue, Yellow

Removing;
Jumper 1 limits the output to 52,000 btu's (not applicaple on your model)
Jumper 2 Increases the output to 100'000btu's and in conjunction with
...............jumper 1 and 3 prevents modulation (thermal stores)
Jumper 3 limits the flow temp from 82°C to 63°C - optimum condensing temp
Jumper 4 provides low gas rate ignition sequence, for long horizontal and vertical flues

...Overview
All jumpers in normal
1 in 2 out 3 in Thermal store

Set your new board to how you had your old board and ignore the blue and yellow

Baxpoti,

Thanks for the info. The new board I have definitely has two blue jumpers:-

J1 - Red
J2 - Blue
J3 - Blue
J4 - Yellow

My old PCB had two red jumpers which I'd previously removed to give me the 100k BTU modulated output. I have 17 radiators and a 270lt Megaflo to feed.

The flue is horizontal and about 1m long, and I designed the system with the radiators oversized so that my return temperature is low. Typically <60°C flow and <50°C return according to the dial thermometers clipped on the pipes by the boiler.

I'd have guessed removing J2 was correct and possibly J3 but I'll be honest I'm a bit confused about exactly which jumpers to remove. What would you recommend for my system?

BTW - The board was fitted by BG but the engineer didn't know anything about the jumpers and didn't want to know. The only info with the board was a sheet about the new wiring loom.

Taking out my BG Home 100 contract 6 months ago has proven very worthwhile. They've changed the condensation trap, electrodes, burner, fan and now the PCB. The PCB fixed the problem which I eventually diagnosed for them by realising that the reason it often wouldn't light was because the fan wasn't coming on during pre-purge. Just to top it all the sump is now dripping and they're going to replace that next week :)

TeeKay said:
The new board I have definitely has two blue jumpers:-
Correct, I've edited my post.

TeeKay said:
My old PCB had two red jumpers which I'd previously removed to give me the 100k BTU modulated output.
Correct

TeeKay said:
I'd have guessed removing J2 was correct and possibly J3 but I'll be honest I'm a bit confused about exactly which jumpers to remove. What would you recommend for my system?
Remove all jumpers.

Remove jumpers 1 and 2 for 100,000Btu, jumper 3 for a max flow rate of 63°C (Barcelona has a user potentiometer and temp can be fine tuned here) and remove jumper 4 for low rate ignition. (soft light and quiet).

Many thanks baxpoti for your help. I've removed all the jumpers now and it seems to work fine and lights quietly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back