Baxi barcelona

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , Well what can i say, this boiler is s--t. Been fitted for 5 yrs and every year it as cost me a lot of money.
Failed 2 weeks ago so thought i will sort it this time. so fitted new burner,
new ignition pcb, fitted the latest control pcb and a new gas valve.
one problem was the new control pcb has 4 jump leads and the old pcb only had 2. there was no information with the new pcb so email pcb manufacturer
and got a reply. saying to remove j2 for my boiler which i did and it worked.
well for 2 weeks. now boiler fires up and runs for about 3 seconds and cuts off. does anyone know what the other leads do , j1,j3 and found out that j4 is for verticle flue.
also does anyone recommend a relieable condensing boiler?

Paul

Sponsored Links
1. The control pcb has a information sheet in it for the jumpers where did you get yours from
2. Why changed so many parts a complete waste of money
3. Sounds like a rectification problem, Try disconnecting the white wire that goes to the trap and see what happens

Hi, i tried diconnecting the white cable to the trap.
I got the pcb from a wholesalers, it is interpart ( Baxi)
they do not respond to emails so contacted pcb manufacturer which is only a few miles away.But they said only j2,j4 is for my boiler, was just interested in finding out what the other leads do.
I did manage to get the boiler going but only lasted 2 weeks , but i must say tfor these 2 weeks it ran perfect.
Just p....d off with spending money on it,a bottomless pitt.

Jumpers on a Barcelona

Removing;
Jumper 1 limits the output to 52,000 btu's (not applicaple on your model)
Jumper 2 Increases the output to 100'000btu's and in conjuction with
...............jumper 1 and 3 prevents modulation (thermal stores)
Jumper 3 limits the flow temp from 82*C to 63*C optimum condensing temp
Jumper 4 provides low gas rate ignition sequence, for long horizontal and vertical flues

...Overview
All jumpers in normal
All jumpers out up to 100,000 btu's
1 in 2 out 3 in Thermal store

Sponsored Links
sparkygto56 said:
Hi , Well what can i say, this boiler is s--t. Been fitted for 5 yrs and every year it as cost me a lot of money.
Failed 2 weeks ago so thought i will sort it this time. so fitted new burner,
new ignition pcb, fitted the latest control pcb and a new gas valve.
one problem was the new control pcb has 4 jump leads and the old pcb only had 2. there was no information with the new pcb so email pcb manufacturer
and got a reply. saying to remove j2 for my boiler which i did and it worked.
well for 2 weeks. now boiler fires up and runs for about 3 seconds and cuts off. does anyone know what the other leads do , j1,j3 and found out that j4 is for verticle flue.
also does anyone recommend a relieable condensing boiler?
Paul

The Glow Worms are cheap enough and Vaillants underneath. Avoid anything by Baxi or Potterton. Even cheapo BIASI are far more reliable than them.

Barcelona Bahama and Genesis were all crap but the ones they have been making since them are better. Yes they have faults but the common ones are easier to fix and they don't crucify you with expensive parts as do most other manufacturers.

I have about 5 new genuine baxi control boards for the barcelona kicking about here email me if you need a cheap one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back