Isar He24 Dot dash on Display Panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ideal ISAR HE24

So first there was not hot water. The service company replaced the PCB. Everything was working.

A day later the new PCB failed. They then replaced it with an Orange PCB - saying these are more reliable than the grey one that was fitted.

Now since the Orange PCB has been fitted the boiler has been working fine but for 2 issues.

1. The water is scolding hot as if the boiler is always on full power.
2. The display unit shows a dot and dash and changing the dials has no effect on water temperature.

I have a service contract and will call the engineers out. I simply want to have an idea what it could be as this will be the third visit.

Does it need a new control panel or has the PCB been wired up wrong?

If they say boiler fires up, that's all you need - what best way to reply?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Dot dash means PCB and user control not “talking” probably be a leaking hex has dropped water onto connections between board and user control housing.
May need another new PCB, purple lead, housing and user control.
Then there’s the matter of the underlying hex leaking.
I may be wrong but.................;)
Better get a qualified eng or a fixed price repair from ideal.
Or new boiler

Dot dash means PCB and user control not “talking” probably be a leaking hex has dropped water onto connections between board and user control housing.
May need another new PCB, purple lead, housing and user control.
Then there’s the matter of the underlying hex leaking.
I may be wrong but.................;)
Better get a qualified eng or a fixed price repair from ideal.
Or new boiler

The boiler is under annual cover with the same company for about 5 years. Three engineers have come out. I would assume they are qualified to deal with this.

Another new PCB? After one has just been fitted and the boiler is working albeit for the two problems highlighted.

Underlying hex leaking? A leak from a screw?

Sponsored Links
The boiler is under annual cover with the same company for about 5 years. Three engineers have come out. I would assume they are qualified to deal with this.

Another new PCB? After one has just been fitted and the boiler is working albeit for the two problems highlighted.

Underlying hex leaking? A leak from a screw?
You would think wouldn’t you:whistle:
No a leak from the hex seal onto the electrics. It causes issues with main PCB and the user control and electrics.
I’m not saying your engineers DONT know what’s wrong but I’ve seen a blind eye being turned to this on numerous occasions :rolleyes:
How old is it? 8/9 years old?
I’m 99.7% positive that’s whats wrong;)
But what would I know?

Ps if the user control is not “talking” to the main PCB (dot dash fault) then both heating and water will be at maximum output no matter what you turn the potentiometer too

You would think wouldn’t you:whistle:
No a leak from the hex seal onto the electrics. It causes issues with main PCB and the user control and electrics.
I’m not saying your engineers DONT know what’s wrong but I’ve seen a blind eye being turned to this on numerous occasions :rolleyes:
How old is it? 8/9 years old?
I’m 99.7% positive that’s whats wrong;)
But what would I know?

So this hex seal is that a major job? The more I can mention to him when he comes the better.

Boiler is about 10/11 years old.

So this hex seal is that a major job? The more I can mention to him when he comes the better.

Boiler is about 10/11 years old.
I wouldnt bother as you can’t do the seal it’s a new hex at £600 for the part.

I wouldnt bother as you can’t do the seal it’s a new hex at £600 for the part.

I just figured out hex is abbreviation for Heat Exchanger. So it's time for a new boiler or I can just keep it on cover.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back