Valliant Ecoplus 428 boiler showing error code F.28, already had PCB board replaced

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all im looking for some help I have the ecoplus 428, its about 7 yrs old, the boiler was initially showing a F.29 and a f.28 error code, but it was mostly showing f.28 when i reset. I bought a new PCB unit and the plumber replaced it friday, it was working after he programmed it to the boiler. Friday it was working and then by the evening we had a f.29 code again, no hot water or heating yesterday, kept resetting it and no luck, this morning i reset it, and just had hot water on boost for 3hours and its been working and just checked now showing a f.28 error, tried resetting and no luck again.

Plumber said he will pop by next week to take another look.

You can hear the boiler fire up then it goes for about 3 or 4 times, and then f.28 error code.

Sponsored Links
Really don’t know why the pcb was replaced for this code, unless all other avenues were explored, imo get a different gas engineer/plumber. F28/F29 are a lack off gas to the main burner. Check for the condensate pipe being blocked, check the ecv is fully upright, the gas valve could be on its way out, the ignition module could be faulty.

Sponsored Links
Really don’t know why the pcb was replaced for this code, unless all other avenues were explored, imo get a different gas engineer/plumber. F28/F29 are a lack off gas to the main burner. Check for the condensate pipe being blocked, check the ecv is fully upright, the gas valve could be on its way out, the ignition module could be faulty.
Pcb replaced because this is the part that every one and his dog suspects as the problem.
After this replace the pump, fan, and keep going till it is sorted.

It is a mugs game to go down the logical route to hit the nail on the head.

Last edited:
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back