Valliant ecotec problems

I changed the pump for a direct replacement; a 15-50 grunflos. maybe not enough ommph. :cry:

more info; I have mircobore upstairs and 15mm down stairs. When the boiler is on (even at 10kw) I get plety of heat upstairs but the ones downstairs seem sluggish! I'm now thinking balancing may help?

BS

Sponsored Links
Update; I got hold of a 15-60 (grundfos alpa pro) pump and took off the pump which had been in place for a couple of weeks. to my surprize there was a lot of scale in the pump. Black metallic magnetic particles. I now think that the heat exchanger is likely to be full of this stuff hence the lockout i am seeing on the boiler.

What is the best way to tackle this now?

Once the winter is over I plan to take the HX out and descale it. is this a big job? I will then put ina bypass valve and a magnaclean at the same time.

thanks for all the help

BS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back